Illinois Department of Agriculture issued the following announcement on Nov. 15.
The Illinois Department of Agriculture (IDOA) has approved another cultivation center that can grow cannabis for adult-use purposes in advance of adult-use cannabis becoming legal on January 1, 2020.
Nature's Grace and Wellness, LLC in Vermont, IL is now licensed to grow for adult-use bringing the number of cultivation centers growing for the January 1st launch to 11. Currently only cultivation centers licensed to grow medical marijuana can apply for early approval adult-use growth. Social equity applicants will have additional opportunities to open cultivation centers in an upcoming phase.
In addition to Nature's Grace and Wellness, LLC, ten other cultivation centers have been licensed for adult- growth:
• Cresco Labs, LLC- Lincoln
• Cresco Labs, LLC- Kankakee
• Cresco Labs, LLC- Joliet
• Curative Health Cultivation, LLC- Aurora
• PharmaCann, LLC- Dwight
• PharmaCann, LLC- Hillcrest
• Revolution Cannabis, LLC (DBA Ascend Illinois)- Barry
• Wellness Group Pharms, LLC- Anna
• GTI Rock Island, LLC- Rock Island
• Compass Ventures, Inc.- Litchfield
Applications for licenses for craft growers, infusers and transporters will be available through IDOA beginning on January 7. The application deadline is March 15, 2020.
Original source can be found here.